Osprey™ 9 Transmissive Distortion Inspection System
The Osprey 9 Transmissive Distortion system is the latest addition to the Osprey family of inspection systems. The Osprey line of inspection systems are the industry standard for real-time inspection of glass and plastic.
The Osprey 9 Transmissive Distortion provides real time, on-line inspection of transmitted distortion (refractive power) of flat glass and plastic sheets. Transmitted distortion is measured over 100% of the product in diopters. The results are displayed in real time via refractive power map.
Click here to schedule a demo to learn how the Osprey 9 Transmissive Distortion system will help you reduce cost!
The Osprey is designed and manufactured in the U.S. to the highest standards of precision and durability. Using patented optics, high-speed cameras, and powerful algorithms, Osprey 9 Transmissive Distortion provides direct measurement of Refractive Power and Angular Deviation as defined in DIN 52305 §9.2 and §9.1. The Osprey 9 Trasmissive Distortion system provides an updated apparatus and procedure employing same fundamental optical properties as defined in DIN 52305 §8.
The Osprey 9 Transmissive Distortion is rugged, intuitive, low-maintenance and leverages LiteSentry's large proven suite of Quality Control and analysis tools. The Osprey 9 Transmissive Distortion supports integration with many third-party ERP/MRP.
Since the Osprey was invented in 1999, hundreds of systems have been installed in tempering and plastic plants on five continents, providing state-of-the-art technology in optical distortion inspection for heat-treated glass and sheet plastic.
- The Osprey 9 Transmissive Distortion system comes in a self-supporting, rugged enclosure with an integrated cooling system for use in industrial environments.
- The Osprey inspects any monolithic or laminated flat glass or plastic sheet.
- Any thickness.
- Clear, hard or soft coat low-E.
Optical System, Displays, and Data
- High resolution visible light cameras inspect sheets from 500-3500 mm (20-138 inches) wide.
- Patented transmissive white LED lighting and optics provide accurate dynamic measurement of transmissive optical distortion (aka refractive power) in mD (millidiopters).
- Local and remote displays for immediate operator feedback.
- Pop-up 3D visualization shows refractive power map.
- Color-coded distortion maps for immediate problem recognition and operator interpretation and action.
- Quality and throughput statistics by sheet area, location on conveyor, shift, date, time.
- Trend graphing to evaluate line and operator performance over time.
- XML open source data integration with customer databases.
- Angle of Incidence: Nominal 0 degrees (normal to surface of glass).
- Dynamic measurement resolution: 0.040 diopter (40 mD) at 600 mm/s substrate velocity.
- Measurement range: -550 mD to +550 mD.
- Measurement accuracy and precision*: 10 mD over -200 mD to +200 mD range.
- Operating environment: 4-50°C (40-122°F).
The Osprey is available in the following versions:
- Osprey 9 Transmissive Distortion System Refractive power inspection of glass and plastic sheets.
- Osprey 9 Complete Inspection System, including anisotropy, distortion, and flatness inspection
- Osprey 9 Distortion Inspection System including flatness inspection for architectural, residential, and solar glass
- Osprey 9 Anisotropy Inspection System for iridescence, retardation and average stress