Hawk®3 Scratch and Defect Inspection System for Glass
Hawk®3 by LiteSentry™ is a high-resolution camera-based inspection system. Inspects both front and rear surfaces of monolithic glass as it moves down the fabrication line. This on-line defect inspection system operates at conveyor velocities up to 700 mm/s and is intended for integration into the glass fabrication line.
- Prevents defects from proceeding to high value-added operations.
- Keeps defects out of your customer’s sight.
- Improved quality = increased profit.
- Flat glass fabrication operations including IG fabrication, Tempering, Coating, Cutting, final packaging or other.
- Any line width.
- 200 / 20 per MIL-C-48497A.
- This standard MIL specification is broadly used in the optical coating industry. 200 / 20 defines scratches and digs (coating pinholes or other circular defects). 200 = 0.20 mm scratch width by any length. 20 = 0.2 mm diameter dig.
Types of defects detected:
- Scratch, dig, surface pit or debris, coating pinhole, coating spot cluster, tin spots, abrasion, finger print, skid mark, tire mark, seed, stone, laminate inclusion, edge delete skip, and many others.
- Extensive information for each defect is logged to the user’s production database.