Osprey® 7 Distortion + Flatness Inspection System for Tempered and Laminated Glass and Sheet Plastic
Patented The Osprey 7 by LiteSentry™ is the world leading on-line inspection system for tempered glass, and is the only measurement system in the world capable of meeting the requirements of leading architects, PPG Certified Fabricators, Guardian Select Fabricators, and suppliers to USA government contracts. First developed in 1999, over 200 Osprey systems operate on tempering plants on 5 continents. Osprey 7 was launched in 2016, providing state-of-the-art technology in optical distortion measurement in heat-treated glass and plastic.
The Osprey 7 provides true optical measurement in lens power (diopters) as seen by the customer! The Osprey 7 measures all types of distortion including roll wave, edge kink, local bow, pocket, side kink, hammer, bird’s eye, picture framing, belly banding, edge lift, vertical kink and all other types of distortion. Utilizing patented optics, high-speed cameras and powerful algorithms, Osprey 7 by LiteSentry is the metrology of choice for glass tempering and lamination.
- Osprey 7 for architectural and residential glass fabrication.
- Osprey CW for Continuous Web measurement for plastic sheet and float glass.
- Improves quality & reduces product returns. Real-time feedback allows furnace operator to improve process control.
- Increases throughput – process control improves load utilization 10% to 33%.
- Replaces labor consuming manual measurements required for inspection by providing 100% inspection and compliance to ISO EN 112150-1 and ASTM C 1048 specifications.
- Decreases scrap – Improves yield 1% to 2% with lower quench break and inadequate break pattern.
- Clear, tinted (absorbing), hard or soft coat low E glass 0 to 19 mm thick
- Clear, tinted plastic sheet
- Inspection area width: 20 to 126 inches (500 to 3,200 mm)
Operator interface display
- True millidiopter measurements
- Distortion displayed in optical lens power (millidiopters) over full surface of each lite
- Peak-to-valley (inches or mm) displayed for full length of glass, including leading edge, central area and trailing edge
- Pop-up 3D visualization displays detail for any lite
- Distortion is color-coded for ease of inspection (color thresholds user defined)
- Trend graph of distortion over past 1-24 hours
- NEMA enclosure with integral air conditioner built for industrial environment
- 40 – 118 deg F (4-48 deg C)
- 0 – 95% relative humidity
- Vibration isolation
- High resolution, true digital cameras with microsecond frame capture
- Lighting and optics designed for precise measurement of optical distortion
- Thickness resolution: 0.1 mm
- High resolution display for operators
- Database (.mdb file) of every lite processed
- XML interface to send data to customer server
- Distortion map for any lite
- Numeric results for any lite
- Report writer for data analysis. Sort by date, time, thickness, sheet area, location on conveyor, and lowE coating
- Capable of sending critical quality threshold data to furnace for closed-loop control
- Stored “snapshot” DDF files can be viewed off-line