Osprey®6 Distortion + Flatness Inspection System for Glass and Plastic
The Osprey 6 is the world leading on-line measurement system for tempered glass, and is the only measurement system in the world capable of meeting the requirements of PPG Certified Fabricators, Guardian Select Fabricators, and suppliers to USA government contracts. First developed in 1999, over 190 Osprey systems operate in tempering plants on 5 continents. Osprey 6 was launched in 2014 and provides state-of-the-art technology in optical distortion measurement in heat-treated glass and plastic.
The Osprey 6 provides true optical measurement in lens power (diopters) as seen by the customer! The Osprey 6 measures all types of optical distortion including roll wave, edge kink, local bow, pocket, side kink, hammer, bird’s eye, picture framing, belly banding, edge lift and all other types of distortion. Utilizing patented optics, high-speed cameras and powerful algorithms, Osprey 6 by LiteSentry™ is the industry standard.
- Osprey for architectural and residential glass fabrication and solar module fabrication.
- Osprey CW for Continuous Web measurement for plastic sheet and float glass.
Screen shots and 3D Demo
- Improves quality & reduces product returns. Real-time feedback allows furnace operator to improve process control.
- Increases throughput – process control improves load utilization 10% to 33%.
- Replaces labor consuming manual measurements required for inspection by providing 100% inspection and compliance to ISO EN 112150-1 and ASTM C 1048 specifications.
- Decreases scrap – Improves yield 1% to 2% with lower quench break and inadequate break pattern.
- Clear, tinted (absorbing), hard or soft coat low E glass 0 to 19 mm thick
- Clear, tinted plastic sheet
- Inspection area width: 20 to 129 inches (500 to 3,300 mm)
Operator interface display
- True millidiopter measurements
- Distortion displayed in optical lens power (millidiopters) over full surface of each lite
- Peak-to-valley (inches or mm) displayed for full length of glass, including leading edge, central area and trailing edge
- Pop-up 3D visualization displays detail for any lite
- Distortion is color-coded for ease of inspection (color thresholds user defined)
- Trend graph of distortion over past 1-24 hours
- NEMA enclosure with integral air conditioner built for industrial environment
- 40 – 118 deg F (4-48 deg C)
- 0 – 95% relative humidity
- Vibration isolation
- CCD High resolution, true digital cameras with microsecond frame capture
- Lighting and optics designed for precise measurement of optical distortion
- Thickness resolution: 0.1 mm
- High resolution display for operators
- Database (.mdb & .csv (separated variable) file) of every lite processed
- XML interface to send data to customer server
- Distortion map for any lite
- Numeric results for any lite
- Report writer for data analysis. Sort by date, time, thickness, sheet area, location on conveyor, and lowE coating
- Capable of sending critical quality threshold data to furnace for closed-loop control
- Stored “snapshot” DDF files can be viewed off-line